Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

asdfjkl; (home row)

I just put my daughter to bed. As we were cuddling, she look up at me and said, "pray daddy". It was so cool. I think this is the first time she asked one of us to pray. We always tell her that we are going to pray. It was pretty exciting. So we prayed and just cuddled. Not to overspiritualize anything, but it really hit me hard that i really need to pray more. The innocence and purity of Maddie's desire to pray was quite profound. Jesus wants us to have a childlike faith and dependence on Him and without prayer it's obvious that it can't happen. I just thank God for teaching us about Him through our children. Sweet.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM , Blogger Mama T said...

    Hi! I found your blog today! We are in Southern Illinois. I love your post because our kids are the same way. Our son is 5 and if he even thinks we aren't going to pray, he always says,"you didn't pray for me!" It's a joy to pray for our kids isn't it! Thanks for sharing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home