Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Trinity Explained part deux

I have been thinking recently about communion and communion meditations/thoughts/stories. I have come to the conclusion that communion is not just about forgiveness. Yes that is a part of it but often times it is phrased that we should think about or sins and how God forgives them because of the cross. True but when that is all you hear i think you can become misled or atleast miss out on some cool stuff.

Communion with God is what Adam and Eve experienced and what we are to experienced today, albeit limited.

Commmunion allows me (communion with God)

To become a citizen of the greatest Kingdom on earth and in heaven
To be subject to the King
To love my wife
To love my kids
To love my neighbors
To have life to the full (which entails sharing in suffering , victories and failures of other people)

I hope and pray that I will not be blinded continually by self, so that I will be able to communion with God the way He intended.

On another note. I turned 32 today, that means that I have spent half of my life with my wife. I have learned so much about her but there is so much more to learn and love. Life is interesting.

Peace out

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger Bob said...

    Brother Maynard of Subversive Influence had a pretty good post about the Eucharist.

    I always try to remember that Eucharist means "give thanks".

     
  • At 10:54 PM , Blogger Chad Hart said...

    Way to give me a heads up about the birthday!

    Happy birthday... 32, I can't believe I thought you were older than that. Not that you look older than that, it's just that you've looked the same to me for a few years. Uhm, I'm going to shutup about that LOL.

    Yeah... communion. It was differant this last time doing it with people I knew. I watched Rob and Melissa have it together at their wedding. Hm. No better thoughts than I've had about it before, except that I like that list.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home