Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Its been a week

Well...I said I would post something significant. I am not sure yet. I have been dealing with some church issues. I am going to set up a couple meetings and get some things resolved so I know what decision I should make. Should I stay or should I go (Humming song in my head)

On a more significant note; I have been meeting with 1 or 2 high school guys recently. It has been a blessing. One kid (HSK) has a desire to share Jesus with people. Hsk was telling a kid on his bus who cuts himself that Jesus loved him. The kid was pretty weirded out by HSK's assertion that Jesus loved him. The next time, he told cut boy that Jesus loved him and cut boy posed a very difficult question; "Can you prove it?". I was curious as to what HSK's answer would be. He just said he did and the bible says so. Good answers for a kid who is trying to figure out his own faith.

I believe that to be a question the world is screaming in soft voice. Our culture beating it's chest, lost, broken waiting to be redeemed. It is waiting for the church to "prove it". Bob I believe you saw a social aspect of the Gospel at Zion. That is one way for the coporate body to come together and "prove it". Me and the boys are going through Ezra. It is a historical book about the return from Babylon. In chapter 3 they begin to rebuild the altar and it states that although they feared the people in Jerusalem, they forged ahead offering up sacrifices to God. I think that is cool. They begin a fresh start in Jerusalem they way God wanted them to. Following his teachings, building on the same foundations of their fathers. Good stuff. HSK can "prove it" by befriending cut boy and just living a surrendered life in front of him. I hope my life "proves it" if you want a more biblical phrase: produces fruit. Anyway I had to write something because I am trying to be disciplined. Thanks BOB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home