Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Kingdom
I don't know about you but the Kingdom of God/Heaven is confusing. I was given the opportunity to speak about Kingdom responsibility Sunday and boy did I ever screw it up. I tried to explain the very basics of the Kingdom to Jr. High and High school students. I vaguely comprehend the basics of the Kingdom so it was an enormous task for me. I trust God works despite my inadequateness as a speaker. I focused a bit on how Jesus is the King of the Kingdom using Colossians chapter 1 and 2 as the starting point. Then it went downhill from there but I guess reading the bible to a bunch of punk kids never hurts. I won't extrapolate (I am trying to incorporate big words like Mr. Gowin) on the suckiness of the talk.

The Kingdom saturates the Gospels, everywhere you look Jesus is alluding to the Kingdom. The Kingdom is within you, the parables about the Kingdom teach us the value, worth, and a little bit of how the Kingdom works, etc.... Jesus birth narrative states the his Kingdom will never end. The Kingdom is everywhere! AAAAHHH!!!! I guess what I am asking is maybe some suggested studies or readings to try and help my feeble mind comprehend a little more of His vast Kingdom. All I know is: It is great to serve the King in His Kingdom and live under is grace and power but very frightening at the same time. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home