Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Just a Thought

Well it has been a week since Jude was born. It has yet to sink into my thick skull that we have another potential (praying everyday) citizen of the Kingdom. When I look at him I am amazed at the total reliance on mom and dad, it is humbling. It's also a punch in the face. You see i then gaze over at my beautiful daughter who is an angel but has times of total rebellion. She is almost two. She is still innocent but not as innocent as Jude. She has had almost two years in this world and it has not taken long for rebellion to rise within her. Here comes the punch, bam! I've had 21 years without the Lord to develop a great life of rebellion and then I met Jesus and almost ten years later I'm still struggling with many of the same things. I just hope that through discipline and the Holy Spirit, He can foster a greater dependence on the Father. It would be nice to look through the eyes of jude or even the Madster for a day and see the joy she is expresses, the deep love she shows her parents, and the care that she expresses for Jude. The simplicity of their lives is profound. I desire that same type of simplicity for the church, loving, caring, expressing joy and grace to the world. I am hungry, I am thirsty, i guess it is just time to do it. Have the faith that God will take care of me, like i take care of my family. Pretty simple, right? But it is extremely difficult to drop what you know and head out on the journey. All I know is, I want my kids to be a citizen in the Kingdom and not just a kid in a youth group. I want them to focus on the King and serving him in the Kingdom for them to be sold out to him and not be constrained by the "church". Well enough whining. By the way I will try and post some pics of the fam soon. I am going to break down and pay for picture hosting here at blogger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home