Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Monday, April 19, 2004

Wal-mart parking lot = church?

Last night I met some guys at applebees to talk about the Kingdom. In order to get to Applebees I had to traverse my way through Wal-mart's dreaded labyrinth of a parking lot. It was 8:00 p.m. and the days collection of shopping carts were everywhere. I am not kidding when i say there where at least 100 shopping carts piled up against curbs, trees, dogs, elephants, little children still buckled in(all can be purchased at our "super" Wal-mart). Why do people leave their carts any ole place except where they are supposed to be? Are people so lazy that they can't walk 50 yards to put a cart back? Is it the idea that the cart is no longer useful? Is it because they see other people doing so it justifies the lack of care and focus to bring the cart back to the cart parking garage? When I saw all the carts, I saw a bunch of churches. People leave the church, kicking it to the curb because it is no longer useful. Are we so lazy that we don't want to follow the calling of God? Are we fearful of what might happen when we put Christ back at the head and focus on advancing the Kingdom and not growing the church? I don't know I am just rambling. But it seems to me that the lack of kingdom focus and "this is how it has happens" attitude is one sure way to kick the church to the curb. It was just a weird sight to see such outright laziness and disregard for the obvious! Put the damn cart back in it's proper place. Put Christ back at the head and focus on the Kingdom! I need to quit consuming and start planting. Bye the way Wal-mart sucks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home