Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Kid Rockstar

During JR. High all i did was play the guitar. Trying to emulate all my guitar heros wondering what it would be like to get paid to play the guitar. I was the ultimate wannabe. I even got a metal method tape to learn how to play fast like Vinne Moore, Marty Friedman and others. I truly wanted to be a rock star and here I find myself 30 years old and getting paid to play my guitar with a bunch of teenage kids. Awesome. It is one of the coolest things. I guess that makes me a professional musician but not a rockstar. HAHAHAHA

I am of average ability but still enjoy it. Seriously I get to teach some kids that you gotta to be able to get stinky funky on the guitar. You gots to get the rhythm man! Most of the kids I play with in our student bands rate about a 3 on the funkability factor. It is encouraging to know that you are opening some musical windows for them. They actually listen to what I have to say and at times wonder why I am not a famous rock star! (Yeah! right!) This kid actually told his parents that I was one of his favorite guitar players! I think he was high. I just pray that they would see the point in playing. That every good things comes from God and we must play in a way that glorifies him. I try to deepen their understanding of humility and encourage them to be humble. Good guitars players are a dime a dozen so I really don't care too much about their ability. I want to know their heart and help mold that. One of things I learned to do as a kid has come into play later in life. Just another example how God doesn't waste anything in your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home