Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Sunday, May 02, 2004

No Catchy Title

Maddie my daughter is the cutest girl I've ever laid eyes on, really she is! She loves to giggle, growl, jump around, spin around, give hugs, kiss her little brother, she is cool. I've noticed lately that her ability to imitate what she sees is progressing at a break neck speed. She watches everything on t.v. and every move that I make. For instance we were watching the "wiggles" an annoying show with human teletubbies. These guys sing cheesy songs, have goofy accents, are monochromatic in their apparell but they make my kid smile. They were rolling down a hill and Maddie got on the floor and started rolling around giggling. I was like holy crap she is so smart. I think I am as goofy as the wiggles except i dress better and sing cooler songs like: Rock You Like A Hurricane, Come On Feel the Noise, Back and Black you know the rock standards.

She loves to imitate what she sees. That to me is scary. Just yesterday I had my hood on because it was raining and she had hers on and when we got into the car I took mine off a certain way and she followed verbatim. Smart. I want her to follow me and pray that path might eventually lead to Jesus. I hope that I am open to God's leading in my discpline and actions, so my daughter might see God in me. I don't what my words to ring hollow with her or God for that matter. I pray I may continue to work out my salvation and be filled with the fullness of God so I can be the parent God intended me to be. Parenting is the most awesome and frightening thnig that I've ever gotten myself into.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home