Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Matt Bellows

What up? It has been awhile since I have sat down to write. I started a new job on the 21st of may and haven't had much time to sit down and reflect. That time is now but I have to put it off to share something that would shake anyone to the core.

I received a call last Friday night that Matt Bellows was in the hospital for pancreaitis. Drew said he was doing okay. Sunday morning at 7:23 Wayne calls and tells me Matt has been airlifted to madison because he went into cardiac arrest! I was totally dazed and confused, my heart sank. We had planned to go to the zoo in madison that day so we headed up to see Matt. On the way there wayne calls and tells us that Matt's condition was very grave. We got to the icu and matt's family was there and i felt like i should have done something but there wasn't anything I could do, so we left and went to the zoo.

Monday roles around and wayne calls me around 7:30 and says that matt will be leaving us, he has no brain activity. I couldn't believe it. My head was spinning all day long, praying for some sort of miracle. You see matt was only 22 years old. He was a young man on fire for God, his heart was golden. He was preparing to go to Portland, oregon to "do" church in unconventional ways. he was about playing a part in the advancement of God's Kingdom. I was very proud of him and talked to him briefly about what he was doing. He was very excited about living in a apartment, throwing parties for people and just being the incarnation to those he was around. Matt will be dearly missed and I was really curious as to what God was going to do through Him. I don't understand God at all and don't pretend to offer up some cheap, trite statement to console his family and friends. I would love to ask the question why but that never seems to get me anywhere. All i can do is trust God and have faith that his way is the right way. Matt passed from the finite to the infinite Monday. His crazy sense of humor,love for music, and unquenchable thirst for the savior will be missed. I don't know when i'm leaving this foriegn place to go home and what happened to matt has sparked a sense of urgency within me to see the Kingom of God.

Blessed are the pure in heart
for they will see God.

Matt saw God when he was in this strange place now he is face to face.

See you soon brother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home