Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Monday, June 07, 2004

New Beginnings

As I said in my last post that this would be a watershed week and it was. I resigned my position as Assc. Student Minister Sunday. I have to say that it was a relief. I have been struggling with what to do. I have been convicted that the way money is spent in my current church which I believe is not the way God intended it to be. The attractional model(read shaping of things to come) is in full swing. Everything that i felt i was opposed to was happening underneath my nose. I was caught in the middle of conviction and action. I prayed for ways out but God never opened a door so I stayed put and did my best to stay positive. It was several weeks ago that I saw a gentleman that I used to work for and he asked me for a business card so I gave it to him wondering what that was all about. I haven't had any contact with him for 6 years and we really didn't have any sort of relationship. Well last Thursday I had lunch with him and we talked about a spiritual matter but he also offered me a position which was not his intention at all. He is a believer and believes that God might have brought us together. I am thinking so! This is nothing that I ran after it was something that God brought to me, for me it was a test of faith. I am excited and freaked out about what God is wanting to do through this little group of people that I have been hanging out with call us crazy. I will keep you posted on what we are going to do about "church". I want to say thanks for listening to my rants about the "church".

3 Comments:

  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger isaac said...

    Tim, thanks for your rants; I'm sure they have been productive for more people than you realize. I will keep you in active prayer as you begin this exciting new chapter in your story. Continue to let us know the good, bad, and ugly; you're a great help to the Kingdom.

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger Bob said...

    This has been a good process. I think everyone close to the situation understands your heart. You handled it very well. I look forward to the plans God has for you over the next few months and years.

     
  • At 8:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Score! Congratulations.

    Chris
    radiorebellion

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home