Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Mother's Day

Last Sunday at our student service we had a prayer and praise time. The students praised God for His faithfulness, they thanked God for their moms which was very moving. Then it got pretty tough. A high schooler shared how her mom left a lasting impression on her and how she continues to learn more things about her and her Godly character. It was powerful. Her mother past away two years ago. Then my wife approached the microphone, in tears. I immediately went to comfort her. She talked about her mom and how she was so instrumental in her life. She encouraged the students not to take their moms for granted. As I looked at my wife I could not even begin to fathom the loss she has suffered. Mother's day was the 1 year anniversary of my mother-in-laws passing. She died at the age of 59. She battled lung cancer for 1 year although she never smoked a cigarette in her life. Isn't that ironic.

My wife has gone through alot in the last year. She has become a new mom and I am sure she would love to have her mom here to share in the joy, she has had to put up with my doubts about the church, she has not gotten alot of sleep but she is still plugging away. I know that my wife appreciates life more than she ever has before. When you realize that your life may end at anytime, God becomes more of a reality. Isn't it ironic that the giver of life can take it all away in a split second. (or allow it to happen, don't want to get into any theological debates) Deb's resolve to be the best mom she can be is an inspiration to me. I never worry about my children because I know that there couldn't be anyone better for them, they have their mom. I pray that she will continue to seek God and rest in His grace and comfort. Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there and ecspecially those who are doing it without their mom's support.

"Naked I came from my mother's womb,
and naked I will depart.
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home