Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Monday, November 22, 2004

Freshly Fired

Well...what can i say? I got fired today...no i didn't. I had to fire someone today. I really tried to reach out to this guy and encourage him to be honest. It didn't happen. This is my first job where I've had the authority to fire people. When I worked in a church there were a couple of people that I would have like to fire but since they were paying my salary that wasn't going to happen. (that is tongue in cheek)

no really...I have to say that I was a bit reluctant to do it but it had to be done. This is what was playing in my head before it happened. When is it time to stop giving the guy a break? How will firing him reflect on my faith? He probably doesn't care about my faith. Will he learn from his mistakes? Is this really the best time? Can i trust him? no. Is he going to continually cause the company problems down the road? Yes. That last question is hard for me to swallow. I don't know why, maybe because it sounds callous. I know that at times i have accused the church of being ran like a business maybe that is why it hurt me to do it. I truly wanted to be the church to this kid but because of business and his rotten character I just had to do it. I am just at a loss for words. I don't really know what to think. I will think and pray about it more tonight. I wish I could have done more of that, I was supposed to do it this Wednesday but due to his behavior today, he got the axe.

bob eat my shorts...polls!!!!!!!!!!!!! a guy can't make a silly mistake without hearing from his friends about it geesh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home