Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

The Trinity Explained

(This post has nothing to do with the Trinity, I am just trying to sound smart)

I just started my 3rd week with Tom Howlett Construction. The first week was an overwhelming week with facts, procedures, people, floor plans, policies, politics thrown at me at break neck speed. It was hard to digest. Through out the week though, i never once thought about church, I had no stress! You know the bad stress that makes your stomach hurt, head hurt, and the horrible side effects of frustration which can make your life a living hell.

I am slowly beginning to realize that what I have identified as being a Christian is heavily tied to the "church". What i did on sunday and wednesday was being a christian. It is a very eye opening experience. I guess i am detoxing from the church (i borrowed that from Jason Z at the offramp). I am beginning to see the huge chasm between the world and the church. It is much larger than I ever could have imagnined living in the my Christian bubble. I believe people have made theology the issue in church or right doctrine. In most churches (definetly a sweeping statement)the problem isn't right doctrine or theology it is the practice of it or lack thereof. I am amazed at how going to church has replaced in many cases a relationship with Jesus. Even in the construction field they equate going to church with salvation. Where did it get so messed up? I have a sneeking suspicion, Constatine. But anyway I guess the ball is in my court. Am I going to listen to God or quiver in a safe corner and promote going to church as the only answer? I pray that God gives me the faith and boldness to follow where he is leading. One other thing, i have noticed a marked difference in my prayer life since starting my new career as a ninja. God is good all the time. Yo! Yo!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:28 PM , Blogger Bob said...

    I'm picking up what you're laying down, man. Now I'm just waiting to see how God uses you next.

     
  • At 8:11 AM , Blogger Dan said...

    Wow...
    You had me hooked for a minute~
    An explanation.

    What are you gonna title the next post?
    The book of Hebrews explained!

    HA!

    I am glad that Jesus is getting a hold of you. Don't feel bad if it takes awhile to get your feet under you. He will show you where you gifting is and then His boldness will come over you and BAM, you will soaring.
    : )

    PS, I always thought you were doing a good joreb on Wednesday's and Sunday's.

     
  • At 12:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Haha.. 'sneaking suspicion'!

    ~Chad

     
  • At 10:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tim what is your definition of a church??
    PS Sorry about the anonymous thing but I dont want to be a "Blog".

    Signed
    A brother in Christ

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home