Tim Fountain

A Follower, Husband, Dad, and Friend on a journey

Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I new it was a waste

It was a waste of my time to respond.  I new that would be the response of mr. a.  May God bless his life amd may he learn from others that differ in opinion, may i emphasize opinion.

 
Here is another heretical thought to chew on.  As I was reading through Acts the other day I was struck about how little Paul talked about the church and how much he talked about Jesus.  I was looking for a statement like this: I Paul am embarking on a righteous journey to start churches in Jesus' holy name.  But I did not find that, what i found was Paul relying on the spirit and telling people about jesus, plain and simple.  Once again it seems to be that confusion with the church and kingdom that pulls the church away from a kingdom focus.  I believe the two are not interchangable.  The church is part of the kingdom not vice versa. 

Why do we set out to plant churches, instead of embarking on a mission.  When you become a follower of Christ you enter the Kingdom of God and become a part of His body.  Pretty cool.  Paul seemed to understand that when people lived out a kingdom focused life the church flourished.  I love the emphasis on going and living in acts.  Obviously from the rest of Paul's letters the church had it's issues but there was always the undercurrent of Christ.  Christ being the head and focus, our King to serve.  Anyways i just find it ironic that most "succesful" church plants are 300 people taken from one congregation and plopped in a demographically appeasing place.  That doesn't sound like the way Paul did it.  I don't have a lot of answers but a lot of questions.  It is getting late and i don't feel like proofreading so take it like it is.... this is all of the top of my head thinking out loud.    "blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteouness, for they will be filled." Matthew

7 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Dan said...

    It's not a waste...

    ~sigh~

    Somedays I wish He'd just come back and tell us all where we are missing the boat. Come quickly Lord, take us out of our misery~

    Yeah, it's too bad that Mr. A doesn't want to talk it out. It's too bad that he knows all there is to know about this walk, I wish I did...

    But anywho~ When iron is sharpening iron there are sparks, there are pieces of iron RIPPED off from it's complacent core. These are things that are neccesary for the process to continue (or for the dross to come off of the purifying pot.)

    Tim I hope that in your frustration you don't get cold or arrogant with those of us who are trying to uderstand your position. There is a place in the body of Christ for tradition and the "church" that you have removed yourself from. We are a body. We are to function together. That is unless you really are a heretic. Be careful with your words. That's just friend to friend advice. You are loved by a bunch of people. You left a ministry that you had worked years to build. There are people hurt by that and they all may not understand (or want to understand) what you are going through.
    In our Po-Mo world perception is reality. Even when it is black and white to us personally others may see gray, or green or blue or a butterfly or snicker bar...
    There are times in my studies on this topic that I feel like I'm standing at the foot of the Tower of Bable. Words mean different things to different people.

    This working out of our salvation is not easy. But both "sides" need to understand where the other is coming from. Keep pursuing God.

    There is a world dying out there and we need to be obedient to His voice alone.

     
  • At 9:59 AM , Blogger Bob said...

    Nothing is ever wasted. I do agree that to entertain Anonymous comments is always a tricky situation but that's what you get when you participate in a public forum--someone can always yell "from the crowd". At least he is listening. Give him credit for that.

    Hang in there, Tim.

     
  • At 12:26 PM , Blogger Bob said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:53 AM , Blogger miah said...

    tim

    you're doing the right thing. but you don't need me to tell you that because the spirit is clearly leading you. keep it up bro.

     
  • At 11:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The church plants that I know about start from about 10 people moving to a place where there are relatively no churches. I'm not sure where you got your idea that "most successful church plants are taking 300 people from another congregation and planting them in an appeasing area." That is one of the more ignorant and uneducated things i have heard in a while. I would research the world of church planting a little bit before you start making untrue generalizations.

     
  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger miah said...

    Yet again another rude comment from someone unwilling to speak from anything but from behind the arrogant wall of Anonymity. Tim, you can turn the ability to post anonymously off from your settings menu under comments.

    As a matter of fact Tim does know a bit about the many different kinds of church plants. He was merely referring to the most popular method of church planting in evangelicalism today. His comment was toungue in cheek about how we define "success."

     
  • At 7:07 PM , Blogger Tim said...

    Thank You Jeremiah...

    For someone who doesn't know me, mr. A sure does assume alot about me, I hope I don't do the same concerning him. I am not about arguing anymore as it just leads to comments like mr. A's. I thought about taking the ability for a Mr. A to comment but I think it is quite amusing, until Mr. A reveals himself I will not take anything that he says to heart or seriously. In my opinion it is cowardly to hide be anominity or however you spells it.

    For those of you that know me...I am doing fine and will share sometime soon what God is do in and around me, if that is okay with mr. A. (;

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home